Saturday, July 16, 2011

2010 alternate blog posts & new adventure

In 2010 I joined up with some local buddies at Weekly Minis to try to inspire each other to paint one mini a week.  For myself it was a bit of a failure as I found myself either not posting when I was doing batches (generally that I needed complete for a tournament or particular game) OR I was putting off doing any batch painting (that wasn't as crucial) because it would be weeks before I felt I could post anything.

At the end of 2010 I called it quits to focus on my own blog and just do what I wanted.  This has worked out well so far with painting levels much closer to 2009 (in fact I'd already surpassed 2010 by mid-year!)

Recently, I posted a comment on a Portuguese blog (Merry Mayhem News) that I have been following a while due to their blood bowl content - basically offering miniatures to paint because Paulo was so bored he was taking pictures of gummy bears.  Well apparently I am the first ever commenter and also their only follower! Paulo contacted me to ask if I would be interested in contributing to their blog, and since (other than random nonsense) it's about blood bowl, I had a hard time refusing.  I will give it a year at least to see what comes of it.  My plan is to port over some blood bowl content as well as maybe try a dual live blogging/twitter of my experience at this years Chaos Cup.


For this reason it is time for me to say goodbye to my posting privileges at weekly minis.  Some of the guys are still going strong but it's time for a new focus for me.  Even though I don't think they will delete anything, I have backup up all my posts and ported them over to this blog, using the label "weekly minis" (strange, that!).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...