Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Week 1: Tristan - Pyromaniac Wyrd (necromunda)

Here is week 1 complete. I went in a completely different direction than I was originally thinking, in no small part due to the fact that the first mini I painted with dark skin was the mordheim pit slave model - thinking this could appear offensive I decided I needed a 'cool' negro mini for equality - when I see this model now I think of "Shaft".Also I decided I didn't want the big hair or jacket becoming the focal point of the mini, so I kept them very basic and simple, usually just a base coat, wash, highlight (except the flesh). Meanwhile I did a long blend from yellow to red for the flames on the sword to try and draw the viewers eye. Next up, the dwarf lord. The only thing I know about him right now is the dragon cloak will be green and he won't have slayer (orange) hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...