Saturday, July 18, 2009

Crusade Army... new chapter begins (Crimson Fists)

Well I still haven't remembered to stop at the hardware store, so the Raptors assault marines have been on hold. In the meantime I painted up a unit of AoBR tactical marines, figuring if I can at least get something 'less fun' painted I'm being constructive. Also felt like just painting something different so I picked the Crimson Fists to paint up this squad as. Maybe get my ass in gear to paint up my Pedro Kantor.

Couple of pics for you to see. +10 painting points, still doing very well there.

6 comments:

Tnoussis said...

Looking good. I like the base colors, it looks a bit like vomit brown, Is It?. Contrasts Well with the models, and complements the dark blue purple hue of the armor.

I would do a little highlight of darkened blood red in the eye pieces, and a dot of skull white in the corners.

Tristan M said...

Thanks Thomas, actually the base is simpler than that - just bleached bone on everything followed by a wash of gryphonne sepia.

Along with all my other marines, my plan is to get them playable, and then once I have an 'army' for a certain chapter, I will go back and add further detailing.

The Hammer said...

Nicely done. The AoBR marines look good in CF colors. I'll have to use mine for when I expand the force.

How did the decals go on? Any problems?

Tristan M said...

Decals were rough. Usually I can do a decent job with them, but completely round decals are always a pain. I found some tips online which I'll try next time that involve using the microsol instead of water to dip the decals in (will do for sure) and using a lighter on them for barely a second (dunno how I feel about that one)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job on the squad mate, I really like how smoothly you apply your paint, are you doing anything differently? These fellas look brilliant!

Tristan M said...

Nothing really different in terms of smoothness. Base coat regal blue, devlan mud wash, blue ink, drybrush regal blue.
I did use a fineliner to put the scribbles on the purity seals, and painted some minor battle damage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...